This post has already been read 5430 times!
Finally, Sushma Swaraj responded because of the Opposition accuses that government keeping silent on the Indian murders in the United States.
On the Wednesday, Minister of External Affairs Sushma Swaraj told the Lok Sabha about the attack on Indians in foreign country that the Indian government was examining the situation in the United States where umpteen citizens of Indian-origin citizens were attacked and some of them were killed recently and informed that they already have raised the issue with the government and have asked for a rapid inquiry.
While replying to the accusation of Congress which was claimed in the lead of Mallikarjun Kharge, who complaint- the Modi government kept their silent on the attacks on Indians in the US, Sushma said that- There is no reason to question the government remaining silent. It’s true that Prime Minister Narendra Modi was campaigning for the recent elections, but he is in continually touch with me over the progress on the US issue also I was mending from my illness, but I called the Srinivas Kuchibhotla’s mother and wife. She also adds that the Kuchibhotla’s family members (five people of the family) tried to contact her so they can thank her for her help.
If we talk about the list of peoples who thanks her (according to her), then it also includes the Rai’s family who had thanked her for all the help they got from the Indian government.
Furthermore, Sushma especially adds- The government has never been silent, it is not silent now and it will never be, moreover she said- The safety and the security of Indians in the abroad are our top most priority.
She also includes that umpteen councilors in the US had condemned the attacks on Indians in the United States. And according to what she informed to the Lok Sabha, On 9 of March, the Homeland Security Secretary John F. Kelly said that all support would be provided to an investigation of the attacks.
All her statement comes out regarding the US issues as a response of the recrimination on the first day of the second leg of the Budget session by the Opposition, which is claimed that the Modi government has been keeping silent on the US matter.
The last month in the US became a nightmare for Indian who resides there because of the several attacks on Indians in the United States, such as like- on 22 February, Kuchibhotla was shot and dead in the Kansas, though his friend Alok Madasani was protected from dead but suffered a bullet injuries when Adam W. Purinton opened fire at them. And it not all a few days later after this horrible incident an Indian businessman Harnish Patel was also shot and dead in the Lancaster, South Carolina. Another incident takes place when a Sikh man, Deep Rai was shot and asked to go back to in his own country, fortunately, he escaped with only a bullet injury and not dead.
It would be a lie if I tell that I am not bothered because of the government silence on those inhumanity incidents, but now I can take a breath of ease because of Sushma’s statement and relieved that the government taking steps against that violence, but I am not fully satisfied with the statement.