This post has already been read 5022 times!
The disaster fell upon the New Delhi and because of it over than 100 school students were admitted to the hospital. This misfortune happened on Saturday morning because of the gas leak from a container depot in Delhi’s Tughlakabad. The local police and ambulances were rushed over to the spot, so they can treat and save the injured as soon as possible.
According to the report, some students were complaining about irritation in eyes and throat because of the gas leak.
Police said they got a call around 7:35 am, and the call was about some chemical leakage at customs area of Tughlaqabad depot. The depot situated near the Rani Jhansi School for girls, which is run by the city government. The teams of police and NDRF (National Disaster Response Force) reached the spot along with the CATS ambulance as soon as they receive the incident report.
The southeast DCP, Romil Baaniya explained, some chemical gas leakage at the customs area of Tughlaqabad depot became the cause of eye irritation to the girl students of Rani Jhansi School.
The injured students were immediately admitted to the three hospitals, police reported, the source of gas leakage is still hidden from us.
Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia confirmed- the students are safe now. Furthermore, he added, girl students, who complained the eye irritation because of the gas leakage, have been admitted to three hospitals. The doctors confirmed that they are normal now. He also holds the education portfolio.
Sisodia also said that he already ordered the area SDM and district magistrate for launching the probe at the container depot where the gas leakage incident happened. Moreover, he reported, there was an exam in the school, and because of the incident, we have canceled it.
It’s good that the students are safe now and there is not any death body.